DRYCO Construction, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced fleet diesel mechanic to be a part of our fast-growing company. DRYCO Construction, Inc. has been a leader in the commercial pavement maintenance industry for over 30 years. DRYCO Prides itself on its phenomenal, employee-friendly culture which is sustained by the hard-working people we employ. We are currently seeking professional, skilled position to manage growth into 2021 and beyond.
The Fleet Mechanic performs service and repair on a variety of mechanical, electrical, power train, and hydraulic systems for vehicles, on and off-road equipment, as well as assists with field repairs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and repair all types of gas and diesel equipment, including, but not limited to: dump trucks, concrete mixer trucks, light trucks, street sweepers, wheel loaders, trailers, and various ancillary equipment
- Trouble-shoot, repair and replace ignition systems, fuel systems, hydraulic systems, lighting systems, electrical/computer control systems, radio systems and ABS brake systems
- Repair and overhaul engines, transmission, differentials, PTO’s and axle assemblies
- Repair and maintain shop tools and machinery
- Make emergency field repairs to all equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid driver license, Class A preferred, and a safe driving record
- 3+ years experience in maintenance and repair of heavy-duty diesel and medium fleet automotive
- Experience in trouble-shooting and repairing hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, electrical systems, chassis and power-train systems
- Knowledge of industrial shop safety rules, procedures and equipment
- Ability to safely operate vehicles, and equipment to test and trouble-shoot for proper operation before and after maintenance
- Computer experience entering data, and work orders for purchasing parts
- Possess own journeyman level tools to perform all job functions
- Must be able to remain in a standing position for extended periods of time, lifting arms above shoulders, bend and stoop repeatedly, able to move heavy objects 50 lbs. or more, over long distances
- Must adhere to all safety regulations including company policies, State and Federal regulations
- First Aid, and CPR certification preferred
- Graduate or course work in a diesel/heavy equipment mechanic training program.
We offer competitive pay. We great medical, dental, vision, and retirement packages.
We are an EEOC employer who offers a drug free workplace
DRYCO puts an emphasis on family values and employee loyalty. Many employees have been with DRYCO for over 20 years, and many families have multiple generations at DRYCO.
DRYCO Construction, Inc. has been a leader in the commercial pavement maintenance industry for over 30 years and offers service in The Bay Area, Central Valley, and Northern California. DRYCO began as an asphalt paving contractor, but has since added its own concrete, seal coat and striping and fencing divisions. DRYCO works with property managers, homeowners’ associations, general contractors, engineering consultants, and building owners to keep their most valuable assets protected and maintained.