DRYCO puts an emphasis on family values and employee loyalty—many employees have been with DRYCO for over 20 years, and many families have multiple generations at DRYCO. We have been a leader in the commercial pavement maintenance industry for over 30 years and work with property managers, homeowners associations, general contractors, engineering consultants, and building owners to keep their most valuable assets protected and maintained. We offer competitive pay, full medical, dental and vision benefits, and retirement packages. We are an EEOC employer who offers a drug-free workplace. Plus, we appreciate and respect each other like family
Responsibilities You’d Take On
- Works with rakes to redistribute the asphalt mix more correctly as it leaves the screed and is ready for rolling.
- May operate a variety of hand and power tools as well as some equipment.
- Works as part of the paving crew primarily raking asphalt, shoveling excess asphalt and sweeping up debris.
- Complete a variety of other general labor assignments such as clean and prepare sites.
- Spread asphalt using efficient techniques and maintaining a good pace.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
- Perform a variety of tasks involving dexterous use of hands and tools.
- Maintain a clean job site, pick up tools and equipment in order to eliminate potential hazards.
- May be required to alternate duties with operating various machines. Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Must be able to meet all safety requirements and applicable safety policies.
- Work overtime as required.
Asphalt Raker “Basic Duties”
- Proficiently rakes asphalt to maintain a level mat
- Ensures that a consistent rock size is maintained
- Directs Laborer to add or remove Asphalt
- Wacker plates edges/begin roller training
- Proficiently performs all skilled laborer duties
What you will be Graded On
- Do Not use phone at any time you are on the clock
- Openness to training others
- Watch, Learn and act like “Professional” workers
- Jump in and help without having to be told
- Ensure proper mat done by all
- Direct and Train skilled laborer for advancement
- Do Not stand around and wait to be told what to do, if you are not sure what to do ask someone what you can do to help
- You will be reviewed “Daily” by your Foreman
- Division Manager will discuss your performance and your growth plan on an annual basis
- Sit down “Formal Review” annually