Construction Yard Worker
DRYCO Construction, Inc., has been a leader in the commercial pavement maintenance industry for over 30 years. DRYCO prides itself on its phenomenal., employee-friendly culture which is sustained by the hard-working people we employ. We are currently seeking a qualified Equipment – Yard Person to help DRYCO manage growth in 2021 and beyond.
Working hours and conditions: Normal working week would be around 35 to 45 hours, which include evenings and weekends. You would be outside in all weather conditions and it could get dusty and dirty, especially in a construction yard. The work could be physically demanding, with heavy lifting at times.
- Assist with equipment & material check-outs.
- Knowledge of construction materials (material, boxes, hand tools & operating a forklift) is required. (Experience in construction setting preferred)
- Ability to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Valid Commercial class C driver license required.
- Must be able to work outdoors subject to inclement weather (heat/cold) year round.
- Ability to use basic tools.
- Have some mechanical experience is a plus.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, walk, push, pull, climb and be able to move/lift up to 75 pounds regularly, without assistance.
- Assist in the loading of trucks.
- Must be able to communicate effectible with others.
- Must have flexibility to work variable schedules, including weekends
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Participate in training programs as required.
- Checks equipment in or out as needed.
- Verifies that equipment is in good mechanical and safe operating condition upon being taken out or being returned.
- Responsible for red tagging equipment that is in need of repair.
- Assists drivers with loading/unloading as necessary.
- Ensure checks to verify stock levels for re-ordering are accurate and appropriate.
- To take delivery of goods with the use of forklifts where required.
- To get materials out ready for the issuing to job.
- Pre-loading all trucks scheduled for delivery the next day
Education and/or Experience
- Requires a high school diploma or GED and two years related yard experience.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and a clean DMV driving report.
- Forklift Certification experience preferred.
The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities listed above is by no means a complete list. It is merely a general summary for the position described. Management reserves the right to revise or change this position description at any time.
Hourly Pay Rate: $20 – $25