Life as a construction worker is tough work. How you bend, lift, and move can either cause or prevent serious injuries. Ensuring your employees and crew are up to date on the best ways to do the job will keep them safe on the jobsite.
According to a recent article from Asphalt Pro, the most common injuries happen due to:
- High force (physical effort needed to move a load)
- Poor postures (position of the body that is not in alignment)
- Fast or prolonged repetition (repeatedly moving a body part to perform a task)
- Stress from body contact (when your body comes in contact with an object)
- Hand or body vibration (common when using a power tool, but also body vibrations caused by operating powered equipment while sitting)
- Cold environments (causing muscles to tighten and feel stiff)