Scope of Work
- Remove and replace 67,930 square feet of failed concrete in 13 locations over eight phases
- Sawcut concrete to five-foot squares
- Load and off-haul concrete
- Cement-treat existing baser material and compact
- Set #4 rebar at 18” on center
- Set ¾” dowels at 12” on center into existing concrete
- Install dowel baskets with ¾” smooth dowels at 12” on center at all joints
- Pour 8” thick concrete slab with 5,000 PSI, 7 sack concrete.
- Total concrete poured was around 1,900 cubic yards
- Sawcut approximately 30,000 linear feet to cut up existing concrete
- Schedule/duration from start to finish: Eight weeks
- Restrictions to work hours
- Facility operations had to continue at this large trucking / distribution center without interruption, with 150 to 200 trucks in and out per day. We phased the job out as to not disturb the operations of the customer. We kept areas neat and secure and equipment out of the way.
- Work was completed in the fourth quarter, and weather was a factor. We met the original deadlines despite days of rain. For example, if we had rain on Monday we accelerated and extended our work on Tuesday when there was no rain.
- Match preexisting hardscape.
- Physical obstacles—lots of large semi-trucks moving in and out daily. Especially tough when pouring the drive isles. They were 30’ wide and we were doing 15’ of it at a time. Large semi trucks traveling right beside the work area. Then on pour days you were adding 22-27 concrete trucks to the traffic.
- Concrete Repair
- Load and Off-haul Concrete
- Cement Treatment
- Demolition (4)
- Cement Treatment (4)
- Set Up (7)
- Pour (15)
Jones Lang Lasalle • Irvine, California
2600 Stanford Court • Fairfield, California